Software Engineer, Full-Stack (7+ years of experience)
In the last few years, software businesses have gone from not having to worry about sales tax, to needing to monitor their tax exposure, calculate local sales tax rates, and file returns in 20+ US states and internationally. We’re building the tools that make compliant digital commerce easy for companies big and small.
The Anrok platform connects to a customer’s various billing and payment systems and automates sales tax end-to-end.
Monitors where they have tax obligations, based on where their employees and customers are.
Streamlines registering for sales tax across the many places they operate
Reconciles account balances across their accounting and billing stacks.
Files and remits taxes to various governments.
We’re backed by Sequoia Capital and Index Ventures, and have assembled a world-class team with employees in California, Washington, Colorado, Texas, and more.
In this role, you will:
- Scope, design, and build product features that are clear, reliable, and flexible enough to deal with changing regulations.
- Work with our in-house tax and legal experts to derive business logic and translate it into code.
- Work with our internal operations team to identify where automation would have the highest impact and then implement it, allowing us to accomplish more with less.
- Contribute to a healthy engineering organization through mentorship, design reviews, and process and tooling improvements.
What we’re looking for:
- You have 7+ years of experience in software engineering.
- You have experience leading the design and implementation of long-term projects end-to-end.
- You are detail-oriented and take pride in the quality and readability of your work.
- You have an entrepreneurial attitude and passion to build a business from the ground up.
- We work primarily in TypeScript and React, but prior experience is not required.
What we offer:
- The equity upside of an early stage startup with the product-market fit of a later stage company.
- Work where you want: the Anrok SF office or wherever you call home.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance covered 100%.
- One Medical membership covered, flexible sick benefits and more.
- Company-wide holidays over the winter break.
- Annual learning and development stipend for books, online courses, and conferences, as well as a curious team to share your learnings with.
- Bi-annual team offsites and optional quarterly gatherings at the SF HQ office.
- All the latest gadgets you need to thrive at work.