Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Do these qualities about a job resonate with you?
- Having cutting edge embedded system problems to solve
- Be a part of a fast growth, remote first startup from San Francisco
- Operate with high ownership and impact rather than being a headcount
- Work with intelligent and collaborative engineers
- Get stuff done and have freedom to make decisions
- Get recognized and also be paid for the value you are adding
- Work on a fresh codebase, without dealing with tech debt
- Work on impactful things that affect millions of people everyday
- A place that invests in personal growth and learning by literally paying for learning opportunities
- Set of coworkers that can collaborate in a productive manner, towards a unified goal, rather than dealing with politics and personal agendas
- Work at a place where you feel excited coming to work, rather than feel a pit in your stomach thinking about Monday morning
- Develop Machine learning applications and use cases
Swiftlane is reimagining how every door in every building works. So that you can walk up to a door and just use your face to unlock a door. Or use Siri to open a parking garage as you drive up to the building.
Website – https://www.swiftlane.com/
30 second video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YRDySqXAZo
Summary of the role
We are developing an ARM based access control system hardware that can modernize access to buildings. It will run face recognition access logic, interface with various access control hardware inside the building, like key card readers, face recognition readers, elevators, fire alarms etc. This system is cloud connected, and will communicate two way with the cloud based backend. It requires real time, fault tolerant messaging as well as data sync with the cloud. It will host high performance offline data cache of the entire system, by leveraging many types of databases. And much more, chat with us to learn more.
Key skills to succeed
- Expert at writing multithreaded C++ applications
- expert at writing C firmware
- memory management and writing memory safe code
- interest and ability to write well tested code (we use Google tests)
- Collaborate with other engineers through written and verbal communication
- Writing and interfacing with common low level drivers
- Basic python scripting
- Interest in building reliable, multi process applications
Nice to have skills
- Yocto build process
- Basic electronics knowledge
- Knowledge of databases for embedded applications
- Knowledge of google cloud or AWS
- Experience with MQTT
At Swiftlane, we are reimagining access control to buildings. With Swiftlane, you can open building doors with face recognition, or use your mobile device for access. We are replacing keys with face access and mobile access. We don’t carry paper maps anymore, but we are still carrying keys around. We want to change that.
Swiftlane has raised over $9M from seasoned investors. We are based out of San Francisco, but also have a huge remote-first team distributed globally. We are already present in hundreds of buildings providing cutting-edge face recognition access and other modern security amenities.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the link to this job posting, your resume, and an introduction about yourself. We look forward to talking with you!