Business Development Representative
Swiftlane is a VC funded startup in San Francisco. We are disrupting access control system for buildings with a modern, convenient access solution to traditional key card systems. Winner of the best access control by Security Industry Association, Swiftlane is growing rapidly and in search of top talent to help us scale. We provide a 2-in-1 access control + video intercom touchless entry for buildings utilizing facial recognition, mobile access & PIN based unlock. Our founding team built many great experiences at companies like Facebook, Instagram, and Lyft self driving team.
Job Description | Business Development Representative
We are looking for a motivated, self-driven Outbound SDR with at least 1 year of experience in an Outbound SDR role to join Swiftlane. Must be results driven, a self-starter, and looking to grow their career in the exciting world of tech sales. Swiftlane believes in graduating all SDRs to Account Executive role within 12-18 months.
To be successful at Swiftlane you must have: hustle, execution, and grind.
- Building lists of accounts for your selling activities and also for the marketing and sales teams
- Learn the industry, customer personas, and their needs
- Become a Swiftlane product expert and how it can solve customer problems
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential prospects through cold calls and emails for a designated market segment
- Identify prospect’s needs and propose appropriate products/services
- Work closely with the AE team to generate pipeline.
- Some travel to represent Swiftlane at events
- Responsible for making a minimum of 100 personal outreaches per day
- Responsible for setting at least 12 meetings per week
- Successfully overcome prospective customer objections as well as answer initial questions.
- Effectively utilize the lead qualification process as well as documenting sales information in Salesforce
- Responsible for meeting weekly goals and established metrics
- Utilize the sales tools provided and collaborate with Sales team members to schedule customer meetings
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 1 year experience in lead qualification, outbound prospecting and lead development management
- Experience in a software subscription sales environment
- Preferred experience with Salesforce.com & outbound sales platforms
- Proven follow-up, time management skills, and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Desire to start a career as a tech sales professional, 12-18 months should be expected in this role
- Preferred applicants will at least have a 4 year degree
- Excellent phone presence and interpersonal skills
- Persistence and drive
- Results oriented, capable of bringing prospects to the next step in the sales process
- Strong communication skills; ability to reach prospects creatively, position solution/products
- Fearless and get energy from talking to people
- Have a unique ability to reach prospects creatively and position solution/products
- Eager to learn world-class sales practices and advance your career
- Eager for the opportunity to apply your experience, knowledge and passion to help our organization grow/scale
- Stock options that allows participation in long term success in the company
- Flexible vacation policy
- Full health insurance
- Reimbursements for equipment (limitations apply)
- Opportunity to work in a high ownership and impact environment (We don’t just say it, it’s how we work)
- Opportunity track to obtain an Account Executive role
- Ownership: Swiftlane has a culture of high impact and ownership. Although you would be partially remote, you would be a critical member of the marketing team, entrusted with very big responsibilities.
- Initiative: This is not a freelance job; we are not looking to bring people on to give them tasks. We believe in building a strong core team that can lead and take initiative. You would be the one identifying the best way to improve and develop the Swiftlane systems everyday.
- Feedback and iterate: We strongly believe that it’s important to learn from end users, and learn from each other.
- Think about the end users: To build great products, it’s important that you try to understand the entire product experience for the end users. Only then, you can implement the best product that brings delight to everyone.
To apply for this position, send an email to email@example.com with the link to this job posting and a little information about yourself. We look forward to talking with you!