Software Engineer: Frontend
Swiftlane is an early stage, VC funded startup based out of San Francisco. We are a strong team of over 30 members, working on creating a very unique and modern experience for building security. Swiftlane provides the ability to open doors using just face recognition. Swiftlane’s products allow visitors to start two video intercoms from a door, to a person and remotely unlock doors. It’s designed to modernize the access control experience for offices and large apartment buildings. Our founding team built many great experiences at companies like Facebook, Instagram, and Lyft Self driving team.
Job Description | Software Engineer: Frontend
Are you interested in working on an early stage startup in San Francisco, with a team of strong talented engineers in a fast paced environment? Every day you would get to make key technical decisions and design and implement complex systems from scratch. Here are some examples of projects you would work on:
What You Would Do
- Develop on a modern admin dashboard against React, Redux, Typescript
- Work on modern technologies like webrtc video calling, browser push notifications, completely responsive designs
- Develop a modern marketing website using React, Gatsby, GraphQL
- Work alongside a strong backend and design team
Required Technical Skills
- 3+ years experience with React
- 2+ years experience with Typescript
- Strong Experience with Redux, React-Thunk, Webpack, React hooks, SASS
- Desire to develop clean, reusable, modular front end application code
- Experience developing single page apps in either React, Vue, Angular. We use React.js.
- Knowledge of video chats and WebRTC is a plus
- Experience in working with real time systems using websockets is a plus
- Experience in full stack and backend development (nodejs, python) is a strong plus
- Ability to move fast and deliver on your project to completion and iterate
- Ability to write well tested code
- Understanding of GitHub and git based workflow
- Experience in building machine learning / deep learning models or platform is a strong added bonus
Non Technical Skills
High sense of ownership and desire to build an incredible product.
Ability to communicate and articulate effectively in English with team members across the globe. We look for effectiveness around written and verbal communication, and less about how fast you can speak.
It’s important that you take initiative to make things better, constantly improving the code base as well as overall system reliability.
It’s important that you are looking to have a personal impact through your work, inside the company.
Interested and flexibility to work as a remote engineer. Open to working with PST time zone overlap.
To apply for this position, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the link to this job posting and a little information about yourself. We look forward to talking with you!